As I am sitting here contemplating what to write about this week, I am aware that I have procrastinated with starting this today. In fact, I almost forgot that Wednesday is my day to write a post for our ACT blog. It is the same for my own art blog.
Whether it is because I find it difficult sometimes to come up with a topic that I think our readers will find interesting, or I am just struggling to find the words to express my thoughts, I am not sure. I just know that often writing does not come easy to me.
Perhaps others have the same problem and can relate to what I am saying. I do know that updating a blog regularly is important to attain a good page ranking as well as to keep the interest of the people who do read the blog. There is nothing worse than enjoying the posts of someone’s blog and suddenly there is nothing new to read for days or weeks. As a reader of many blogs, I have experienced this for sure.
I decided to brainstorm here with ideas for topics to blog about – anything that pops into my head for those of you who have a blog, have wanted to start a blog, or who have been avoiding starting a blog for this very reason.
Here goes - You can write about:
- An activity you were doing today or in the last couple of days
- A problem you have been struggling with lately
- Some new work you have done (for those of you who are artists, crafters, have your own businesses, etc.)
- An interesting article you have read or blog post you saw
- A great new movie you saw that really touched you in some way
- A news article that you feel is important to talk about
- Any seasonal activity or fun experience relevant to the season
- A new technique you learned from someone or discovered yourself
- Some family issues you encountered that you resolved or feel are thought provoking
- An event you are looking forward to
- Instructions or suggestions on how to do something – a “how to” article about something you are good at
- A new recipe you have tried and found to be delicious
- A housekeeping tip that saves time and / or money
- A gardening tip
- Some ideas on how to grow your business – what has worked for you
- Sharing some things that have NOT worked for you in business or in other aspects of your life
- A funny story from your life
- Reviews of great books you have read and can recommend
- Explain some computer skill that you finally have mastered and can share with those that are still struggling
- Sharing some artwork that inspires you
Well, that was 20 to start with, and I haven’t even struggled with it. Hmmm – guess I am going to have to keep this list in front of me every time I need to update this or my own blog. I have no more excuses! Nor do you!
Good luck and have fun with it.
Spirit Essence Art