Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Behind the shop - Stitch N Love




Today we have our first Behind the Shop look at one of our fabulous members!!





Stitch N Love is one of our pioneer members and has the most adorable clothes for infants, toddlers, children. She also has priceless mommy must haves for our kids. Saving us time and frustration- which every moms knows is necessary when running a household.





You can see her shop at http://www.stitchnlove.artfire.com/






Here is the question and answer session with Christie, the mom behind the shop.





Tell me a bit about you: Mom to total of six :19 (ss), 16(ss), 14(dd), 12(ds), 3(dd) and 16 months(ds). Proud miltary wife. Have a master's degree in Technology in Education and a bachelor's in Early Childhood Education. Love to create all kinds of things when not spending time with the family or on the computer.





What made you get into your craft?: My mom taught me how to sew when I was a teenager. Made a few things and stopped. When I had my first child, I started sewing to make her simple things. I think my first thing was a Halloween costume for her and a cousin. She was a cow. Then I would just sew for costumes and kids clothing. Stopped when I started teaching. Would sew like once every so many years. In 2004, started costume sewing again and then in 2008, started making some quilts after my grandma offered to buy me a long arm quilting table. Every week, it grew to more and more sewing of things. I see it and if I think I can, I will try to make it.



Tips for online businesses: Be organized. I wasn't the first few months. Write everything down in one or two spots so that you can find it. Save EVERY receipt.






Tips for moms : Don't let your job consume you. Take time for your family everyday. Sleep when you are tired!







What is your favorite place to visit: Right now? I love to visit my husband's family in CO. We live near the ocean, so it's different. Plus his family is very loving and have embraced me and my two oldest kids into the family in the three years that we have been married. I love to wake up and see the mountains, but I love to go to in the river at home too. I want the best of both of my worlds!





Your comfort food: C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E and Peanut Butter





If you were able to do anything in the world , what would it be and why: lol, own a sucessful shop and enjoy my life that I have. To be able to create clothing, nap mats, or anything else that brings such smiles to the faces of others is awesome. My family is a blessing from up above. Sometimes I lose sight of that, get hung up in the day-to-day stresses of life, but I would not trade anyone in my family or anything that has happened to me so far. I wouldn't be who I am. I have to always remember that.





Christie's favorite items in her shop- you can visit the item by clicking the photo




3T Girly Skulls Three Piece Peasant Top, Dress and Bottom




Christie says she absolutely loved making this item since it so versatile!



Ice Pop Finger Savers

"They are a Godsend"






Ribbon Key Fob

"These are just the right size to be found in the bottom of a purse and actually fit around my hand! And I am not a dainty person!"


0 comments: