For today's feature I thought I would spotlight one of our members yummy recipes for a sweet treat. This recipe is brought to you from Stacey from SWDesigns to check out her other creative side visit her store at http://www.swdesigns.artfire.com/ where she showcases her fabulous jewelry creations. Without further ado here is the recipe:
24 Oreo Cookies
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
12 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup strawberry or raspberry preserves warmed
Chocolate Shavings (we used crushed chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put standard size foil or paper baking cups into 12 muffin/cupcake pan. Spray the cups with the cooking spray.
3. In a blender, or by hand in a large bowl, crush the Oreo cookies. Add the melted butter. Continue to crush the mixture until fine crumbs form.
4. Spoon the crushed cookies into the bottom of each sprayed baking cup. Gently press down.
5. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
6. In a medium sized bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with a hand mixer, until smooth. Add the eggs and the vanilla and continue to beat until well blended.
7. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each of the baking cups.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and spread one teaspoon of the warmed preserves on top of each cheesecake. Put the muffin/cupcake pan into the freezer for 15 minutes.
10. Remove pan from freezer and mini cheesecakes from muffin/cupcake pan. Gently peel off the foil or paper baking cups. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Sounds delish and my stomach is rumbling now! Enjoy and thank you SWDesigns for the yummy recipe!