Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Crafting Fun at Arfire Cafemom Team!

Though the weather may still be a bit up and down in temperature, here in the Northern Hemisphere there are definite signs of Spring coming! Perhaps some daffodils popping up, a few days of warmer weather and sunshine, and just that nice "feeling" of spring-fever that is in the air.

With Spring comes new energy, longer days, and a feeling of anticipation. Feeling an urge to do some new craft projects by your self or with your kids? I thought I would bring you some ideas and links to some fun, new spring craft projects. In fact, in searching for new ideas I started getting excited and wanting to do some of them myself!

Here are some of the fun things I found when I searched today. To view instructions, click on the images below, and these will take you directly to them.

There were lots of Easter craft project ideas, of course, and here are a couple of them. An Easter Bunny decorative egg table ornament:



A cute Easter chick made from an inexpensive clay pot:



How about a simple decorative votive candle glass cover you can make to spruce up your decor? Try this one:



What do you think of when you think of spring? For me it is the beautiful flowers that start blooming this time of year. Even if it is still a bit too early to plant or cut fresh flowers, here is a way to bring some into your house anyway!



If any of you are into Artist Trading Cards, which are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" cards that can be saved and traded (and are fun to create!), here are some ideas for ones that definitely have a Spring feeling to them:







Here is a great site that has lots of crafting ideas and projects ( http://www.creativity-portal.com ), and I am sure if you navigate to its home page you can find lots of new juicy crafts ideas to sink your teeth into. However, there were a couple that caught my interest.

For those of you who dabble in writing, whether it be a personal journal or your own blog, this one looked interesting for finding some inspiration for spring topics to write about:



Collages - all kinds and hints and ideas on how to put them together:




Well, if these don't get you going with some new projects to get your creative juices flowing, I don't know what will! I hope you enjoy these and can have some fun with them.

Come back and comment here (with photos, of course!) with some of your own art creations and suggestions. It's great to share and we can learn so much from each other.

Happy Spring Crafting!

3 comments:

Jazzy Jemz said...

Those artist trading cards sound like a fun thing to do with all my scrapbooking stuff! Thanks for the ideas!

Arlene said...

The Artist Trading Cards (ATC) are similar to Art Cards, Editions, and Originals (ACEO). They are both miniature works of original artwork, but the ACEO's are sold rather than traded (like the ACT's). I would think that these ACT ideas could also be used for ACEO's if the material used is not copyrighted!

Scrapbooking material is definitely good for making them!

Creations With Heart said...

I like the journal/blog inspirations for writing. Something I think I'd like to try! Great finds!