Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I have recipes on the brain as I am the host for my neighborhood Bunco group this month. I decided to check out some of our own Artfire Cafemom Team's stash of recipes for some inspiration and found these delicious sounding cupcakes from Stacey of swdesigns. Be sure to check out her artfire studio for her crafty jewelry creations.
Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
1 box of Fudge Supreme Hot Fudge Brownie Mix (must have syrup pouch)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
3/4 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons of vanilla
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chocolate syrup (to decorate plate)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put standard size paper baking cups into a 12 muffin/cupcake pan. Spray each paper cup bith cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine melted chocolate chips, mashed banana, melted butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix until well blended. Add the brownie mix and beat 50 strokes by hand.
4. Spoon half of the mixture into the sprayed baking cups.
5. Cut off a small corner of the syrup pouch that came with the brownie mix. Squeeze a small amount of syrup into the center of the batter of each cupcake.
6. Spoon the remaining batter on top of each cupcake.
7. If using chopped nuts, sprinkle them on top of the batter and press down gently.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 27 minutes or until edges are set. When cooled, remove each cupcake from pan and baking cups from each cupcake.
9. Drizzle chocolate syrup decoratively on individual plates and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Posted by janzia at 4:18 AM